1. Dentures are not the only replacement selection for missing teeth. Dental implants used alone or in combination with a partial denture is often a more effective option for patients. Whereas a removable appliance replaces only the visible parts of teeth, an implant replaces both the root and crown of a tooth. This has critical implications. Dental implants can prevent bone recession that frequently occurs following tooth extractions. Dental implants can provide patients the near-normal ability to chew food and speak.
2. There are more than one kind of denture. Most individuals are familiar with the removable denture that replaces a complete upper or lower arch. There are also partial dentures that are used for patients who have some original teeth. Partial dentures can be permanent in the mouth or removable.
3. Even if you have worn dentures for a while, you may be a good candidate for implant-anchored dentures. The essential factor is whether or not you have enough bone to support an implant. Bone grafting can augment existing bone in some patients. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Franklin Hulme to find out if you are a suitable candidate.
4. Regardless of your tooth replacement configuration—full dentures, partial dentures, or tooth implants—you still need to practice proper oral hygiene. Removable appliances should be cleaned daily.
5. Even if you have no remaining teeth left, it’s crucial that you have biannual dental examinations. Optimal oral health is a fundamental component of overall physical well-being. Dr. Hulme will examine your mouth for indications of diseases like cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, and diabetes. It is also a good idea for your dentist to examine the condition of your appliance at your visit.
Dr. Franklin Hulme, one of the most experienced and skilled dental professionals in the Yuma area, has proficiency with many tooth restoration procedures. Call 928-257-1392 today to schedule an appointment.
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):